Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ginger Shrimp (Courtesy Steve Simels)

About a year ago, Steve Simels was kind enough to share with me this fabulous recipe for Ginger Shrimp. As he said in his e-mail to me, "Trust me - your tongue will throw a party for your mouth." Without exception, this has been one of the most popular dishes I have ever served my friends ~ they all clamor (pardon the pun) for the recipe. The great Mr. Simels wants to make sure that I attribute this to a late, acclaimed chef in New York City, but at the moment, I can't remember his name. So Chef, I bow in your general direction. And Steve, I offer this up in honor of you!

Ginger Shrimp
1# shrimp, deveined, with tails intact

Marinade:

1 T chopped, fresh ginger (1 t ground ginger works, too)

1/4 t red pepper flakes

2 T finely chopped parsley (2 t dried parsley is okay)

1 bay leaf

1/4 teason thyme

2 T olive oil

Juice of half a lemon

salt and pepper, to taste

Combine the marinade ingredients and mix well. Marinate the shrimp at room temperature for a half an hour.

Meanwhile, melt:

6 T butter, combined with one crushed clove of garlic.

Broil or grill the shrimp for a minute or two. Turn them over, and
broil for 2 - 3 additional minutes.

Transfer to a warm serving dish.


*You can serve with pasta or rice ~ your preference, and your preference of
a salad or vegetable.


Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hecate said...

Oooh, I'm going to fix that for the son and d-i-l and take it over. Thanks!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home